Thursday, August 3, 2017

Grey Hair

I find it very amusing how the same thing I said can elicit such different responses and reactions from the 4 people at home.

I was in the lift one day with the two younger kids. 

Me: Sigh! I have so much grey hair! (looking in mirror and flipping my hair from one side to another)

The nearly 6-year-old (almost immediately): "Aww... mama! You are the most beautiful Mama in the whole wide world!" Then she hugged my legs and looked up at me with big cutie eyes, as if to say 'trust me!'. 

Next, 
The nearly 11-year-old (in a gentle tone): "Mama... usually people will not notice grey hair. They just look at your face and expressions. See, if you didn't tell me, I would not notice!"  He checked my face for acknowledgement and when I didn't say anything, he went on, "Really!  I hardly notice any grey hair!" 

Few weeks ago, I said the same to #1 and hubby on separate occasions. 

The nearly 13 -year-old: "At least they were not counting your wrinkles!"  Then he gave me his trademark smile. 

Hmm... was he consoling me or perfecting his sarcasm on me? 

The hubby: "I can't see any. Just go to the salon if it bothers you."

I suppose I should take comfort that at least he did not insist that I should age gracefully. 


Hmm.... if only kids will remain small forever or their sweet nature is not lost with age. 




1 comment:

Eileen W said...

Love your daughter's response! So sweet

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...